When my child goes in, he should be smiling. And when he comes out he should be smiling. One remarkable thing that I noticed at SIS is that all the children, all the staff are smiling. They're happy! They Look happy.
We appreciate that an investment in private education is an investment into your child's and family's future. Here at Seoul International School we pride ourselves on maximizing the return on that investment. We ensure your child receives the best possible education provided by highly qualified educators.
Please review our payment policies and practices listed below.
Tuition and Fees for the School Year 2022 - 2023
Tuition of Seoul International School ("SIS") for the School Year 2022/2023 consists of both a Korean Won (KRW) and a U.S. Dollar ($) portion as follows:
|Grade Level||Full Year Tuition|
|Pre-Kindergarten||KRW 17,850,000 + US$ 4,240|
|Junior and Senior Kindergarten||KRW 20,900,000 + US$ 5,440|
|1st - 5th Grade||KRW 21,210,000 + US$ 5,450|
|6th - 8th Grade||KRW 23,000,000 + US$ 5,950|
|9th – 12th Grade||KRW 25,850,000 + US$ 6,600|
Fees applicable to All Students
|Transportation||KRW 2,500,000||Optional, Refundable|
|Senior Fee||KRW 300,000||Non-Refundable|
|Elementary School||KRW 150,000||Refundable (Grades 3-5)|
|Middle School||KRW 200,000||Refundable|
|High School||KRW 250,000||Refundable|
※AP Fee may vary by subject/test
Additional Fees applicable to New Students
|Application Processing Fee||₩500,000||Payable upon application|
|Initial Registration Fee||₩700,000||Payable upon acceptance|
|Enrollment Fee||₩3,000,000||Payable within 7 days of acceptance (applied towards tuition)|
For Returning Students;
- Returning students must first settle any amount owed in the School Year 2021/2022 to
continue enrollment at SIS in the School Year 2022/2023.
- Re-enrollment Fee of KRW 3,000,000.- is due March 11, 2022 for all returning students.
Re-enrollment Fee is a deposit to secure a place for a returning student and is, by its
nature, non-refundable. This Re-enrollment Fee will later be applied towards the School
Year 2022/2023 tuition.
For Newly Enrolling Students;
- New students must pay an initial enrollment payment of KRW 3,000,000.- within 7 days of
receiving their acceptance notice. This fee is a deposit to secure a place for the new
student and is, by its nature, non-refundable. This Enrollment Fee will later be applied
towards the School Year 202/2023 tuition.
- For students admitted after May 23, 2022, please contact the Finances & Accounting
Office for payment options.
- Refunded tuition will be prorated by the number of school days up to withdrawal date and it shall be deducted from the payment amount except for the re-enrollment or enrollment payment. The refunded amount will be made in the currency used for payment. In the case of non-payment, the School may restrict students from attending classes, withhold report cards, and/or refuse re-enrollment for the following semester.
- Bus fees may be refunded and the amount shall be prorated based on remaining school days.
- Refund Policy for Early Withdrawals is invalid in the event of a Force Majeure that causes a student or students to withdraw from the school. No portion of tuition and fees already paid for the school year will be refunded, and unpaid fees will be due payable. Force Majeure is defined as an event or effect, such as war, civil strife, labor unrest, earthquakes, outbreak of contagious diseases, nuclear disaster or extreme weather conditions that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled. This policy is deemed necessary to ensure financial stability of the school and its continued operations subsequent of any such event.
- A prorated payment system is available for students who join us later in the school year.
- Tuition less the enrollment fee will be pro-rata based on the number of school days remaining for students entering SIS after the first day of school.
Each enrolled student is given two separate virtual account numbers (가상계좌); one for USD payment and another for KRW payment. The school will issue invoices with this individualized account information. These two accounts shall be used for tuition payment until the student graduates/withdraws from SIS.
☆ For newly applying students, a temporary virtual account number (임시가상계좌) will be provided for application fee payment only.
If you have any inquiries regarding payment of tuition or any fees, feel free to contact us at any time.
Accounting And Finance Department