When my child goes in, he should be smiling. And when he comes out he should be smiling. One remarkable thing that I noticed at SIS is that all the children, all the staff are smiling. They're happy! They Look happy.
We appreciate that an investment in private education is an investment into your child's and family's future. Here at Seoul International School we pride ourselves on maximizing the return on that investment. We ensure your child receives the best possible education provided by highly qualified educators.
Please review our payment policies and practices listed below.
Tuition and Fees for the School Year 2023 - 2024
Tuition of Seoul International School ("SIS") for the School Year 2022/2023 consists of both a Korean Won (KRW) and a U.S. Dollar ($) portion as follows:
|Grade Level||Full Year Tuition|
|Pre-Kindergarten||KRW 18,200,000 + US$ 4,510|
|Junior and Senior Kindergarten||KRW 21,300,000 + US$ 5,780|
|1st - 5th Grade||KRW 21,610,000 + US$ 5,800|
|6th - 8th Grade||KRW 23,450,000 + US$ 6,310|
|9th – 12th Grade||KRW 26,350,000 + US$ 7,010|
Fees Applicable to All Students
|Transportation||KRW 3,000,000||Optional, Refundable|
|Senior Fee||KRW 300,000||Non-Refundable|
|Elementary School||KRW 150,000||Refundable|
|Middle School||KRW 200,000||Refundable|
|High School||KRW 250,000||Refundable|
※AP Fee may vary by subject/test
Additional Fees Applicable to New Students
|Application Processing Fee||₩500,000||Payable upon application,
|Initial Registration Fee||₩4,000,000||Within 7 days of receiving an acceptance notice,
For Returning Students;
- Returning students must first settle any amount owed in the School Year 2022/2023 to
continue enrollment at SIS in the School Year 2023/2024.
- Re-enrollment Fee of KRW 3,000,000.- is due March 6, 2023 for all returning students.
Re-enrollment Fee is a deposit to secure a place for a returning student and is, by its
nature, non-refundable. This Re-enrollment Fee will later be applied towards the School
Year 2023/2024 tuition.
For Newly Enrolling Students;
- New students must pay an initial registration fee of KRW 4,000,000.- within 7 days of
receiving their acceptance notice. This fee is a deposit to secure a place for the new student and
- For students admitted after May 22, 2023, please contact the Finances & Accounting
Office for payment options.
- Refunded tuition for early withdrawals will be prorated by the number of school days up to the withdrawal date and it shall be deducted from the payment amount except for the re-enrollment or initial registration fee.
- The refunded amount will be made in the currency used for payment. in the case of non-payment, the School may restrict students from attending classes, withhold report cards, and/or refuse
re-enrollment for the following semester.
- Refunds are wire transferred or given to parents only, or to their authorized representative.
- Refund Policy for Early Withdrawals is invalid in the event of Force Majeure that causes a student or students to withdraw from the school. No portion of tuition and fees already paid for the school year will be refunded and unpaid fees will be due payable. Force Majeure is defined as an event or effect, such as war, civil strife, labor unrest, earthquakes, the outbreak of contagious diseases, nuclear disaster, or extreme weather conditions that cannot be reasonably anticipated or, controlled. This policy is deemed necessary to ensure the school's financial stability and continued operations subsequent to any such event.
- Bus Fees may not be refunded in a situation of distance learning due to the event of Force Majeure, such as the outbreak of contagious diseases or extreme weather conditions as students' safety is our top priority.
- A prorated payment system is available for students who join us later in the school year.
- Tuition less the re-enrollment fee will be prorated based on the number of school days remaining for students entering SIS after the first day of school.
Each enrolled student is given two separate virtual account numbers (가상계좌); one for USD payment and another for KRW payment. The school will issue invoices with this individualized account information. These two accounts shall be used for tuition payment until the student graduates/withdraws from SIS.
※ A temporary virtual account number (임시가상계좌) will be provided for application processing fee payment only for newly applying students.
If you have any inquiries regarding payment of tuition or any fees, feel free to contact us at any time.
Accounting And Finance Department