I love seeing the differentiation that occurs within the ES classrooms. It ensures that every student's individual academic needs are being met. ES Parent
The elementary school students engage in a world class, rigorous curriculum focusing on academic and personal excellence.
SIS elementary students are:
- Trustworthy Citizens
- Independent Thinkers
- Global Citizens
- Effective Communicators
- Reflective Learners
- Socially Responsible
We believe that:
- we are a community of learners.
- we are responsible for fostering the development of all students socially, emotionally, academically and physically.
- all children are entitled to a positive nurturing environment.
- all children deserve to be supported and challenged.
- a great school is child centered with teachers who motivate, facilitate, and guide.
- children have different learning styles and developmental rates.
- Teachers and students share the responsibility for risk taking, problem solving, and decision making.
- Effective assessment informs instruction and supports learning.
- Independence and self care are essential for character development.
- Effective communication between the school and parents creates an open and cooperative partnership.
- Children are entitled to an education that prepares them for the future.