From our early days at Konkuk University in the 1970s to our current campus, technology has always been at the forefront of education and instruction at Seoul International School. We believe that technology opens the doors to some amazing new learning opportunities for our students. Through the adoption of the The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) standards, SIS supports the use of technology to enhance instruction, encourage learning and foster creativity and independent thought in and outside the classroom.
Our vision for technology integration in learning is to enable our students to master 21st century skills for a constantly changing world.
Technology integration at SIS is curriculum driven and exists to prepare students to be ethical learners, who are self-monitoring, self-modifying, self-managing, self-evaluating, and self-directing.
Technology is incorporated into learning at all levels. Whether it be using iPads in kindergarten to reinforce phonics, creating video reports in grade 5 with laptops and cameras, or making apps for their phones in high school, students are consistently utilizing important 21st century skills. Integration is supported through:
- the use of iPads in kindergarten through grade 3 classes
- a 1:1 laptop program in grades 4 through 12
- providing all students with Google For Education Workspace accounts
- providing an onsite IT department that assists students with all matters relating to technology
- providing students and their families the opportunity to purchase Apple computers
- providing up to date technology integration training for teachers
- providing students the opportunity to use technology in all learning experiences